Thursday, January 31, 2008

Poem Review: My Intention

I finished reading “ The Power of Intention: Learn to Co-Create Your World Your Way” by Dr. Wayne Dyer and it made such a profound impact on my life that it inspired me to write this poem.

“everything’s in motion
though still, they seem to be
it is the intention
of a grand soliloquy”


The concept that everything has intention no matter what it is :

“pebbles , fish, beast and man
related purposefully
intention has but one goal
to bound us soulfully”

... has made sense to me and reconfirmed my beliefs that there is a “higher power” that has supreme design intent for everything and nothing just came into being by accident. It is also my beliefs that everything is not controlled as to the outcome and that my life, day in day out, every step of the way, is not planned. I do believe though, that there is an overall intention that I can either be apart of or follow my own road with my final destination becoming a product of my reality.

“intention was and always is
a spiritual enamantion
of energy and particles
marching in procession”

Lately it is my involvement as a Hospice Volunteer and in association with a very special person Kathy van Steen Director of Volunteers @Brookhaven Hospice that my faith and gratitude has been strengthened. She has shown me that we must have faith that things ultimately will work out for the best and to have gratitude for what we have today right here and now. I see myself happy and content, praying for serenity without having to know how it all will happen.

“it is my intention
to lose all my constraints
of where and how I will end up
with sinners or with saints”

I can honestly say that since using this philosophy of the Power of Intention my life has opened up to “life beyond my wildest dreams”.

Here is my poem:

My Intention

Everything’s in motion,
though still they seem to be.
It is the intention
of a grand soliloquy.

Oneness is self-serving,
to the stubborn and obstinate.
Like turkeys head bent in the rain,
they drown a ignorant.

It is my intention
to lose all my constraints,
of where and how I will end up,
with sinners or with saints.

Intention was and always is
a spiritual emanation.
Energy and particles
marching in procession.

Pebbles , fish, beast and man
related purposefully.
Intention has but one goal
to bound us soulfully.

So my intention is to be
in this celestial scheme,
letting go my ego.
put’s me beyond my wildest dream.

Copyright © 2007 Ronald J. Edwards

1 comment:

Ronald J. Edwards said...

Kathy van Steen writes:

Awesome Ron! and thank you for your kind words. I do believe we all cross each other's paths at the time we do so for a reason. I am blessed to be in a place in my work life that allows me to be in touch with some very special people, you being one of them. They all enrich my life, and I, in turn, hope to do the same. I still have to order your book and have you sign it for me.....thanks so much for sharing. Kathy