Sunday, February 22, 2009

Acceptance

"It is what it is" was a saying that a mentor of mine just couldn't wrap his arms around. Being a Russian philosopher he would always give me the saying about the glass being half empty or half filled. I was suppose to accept that way of looking at a "black or white, left or right, has been always will be" kind of way of thinking. I found that I don't have to accept my station in life as a hopeless,helpless pathetic drunk. I learned that I can look at things differently. I found a softer easier way of looking at my life. I came to accept a new way of looking at my reality.

Here is my poem:

Acceptance

Neither is the glass
have empty nor half filled.

The water is exactly
what I have always willed.

Twice as big as needed
the outside is for me

Not pessimist nor optimist
but pure reality.

Copyright © 2008 Ronald J. Edwards

No comments: