Sunday, February 22, 2009

Characters

My home town is Sayville Long Island New York. It's a small seashore town that I have lived in for the last 20+ years. I have come to know many a character here. Thus poem is about the few I call frieinds.

Here is the poem:

Characters

Over in the corner
always waiting to converse,
Big Mike plays Captain America,
King of the Universe.

There’s Robbie the Hat,
Joey Fingers,
and Friday Evening Bob,

Sean,Tamara, Donna,
Allan, Mike and Rob.

My good friend
Lenny the Weasel,
who always has something good to say.

Then there’s the guy
on bicycle
who lives down by the bay.

Milt, Peter, Norman
Billy,Pam and Roseann,
Cheryl, Chris and Jimmy
make up this merry band.

Last names are never spoken,
a dollar and a dream.

It’s just few words
that are used
to be among this team.

Characters each and everyone
we talk and sometimes groan,
of times we can relate to
and know were not alone.

Copyright © 2008 Ronald J. Edwards

No comments: