Sunday, February 22, 2009

Secrets

I had to become entirely ready to be honest with myself and others if I was to continue on my journey of life. Secrets had to be shared and left behind. My forth and fifth step was a freeing of my inner most secrets, some I thought I would take to my grave. I try now to be an open book and turn pages moving on to new chapters of my life.

Here is my poem:

Secrets


Tell me a secret
that no one knows,
I’ll tell you one of mine.

Share a deed
that has been hid,
a crossing of the line.

Dig down deep
I’m sure there’s one,
filed in your private Hell.

I keep mine buried
in my soul,
till He toll’s the bell.

So you think you’re special
or quite unique,
nothing’s new under the sun.

Actions, words
look’s we hoped would kill,
or would have with a gun.

Do you remember when
out with your friends,
off came the wedding ring?

Or when in Vegas
you rolled the dice,
bud-da-boom then bud-da-bing.

Sharing my secrets
I must be ready,
entirely I now know.

When pain of holding onto them
exceeds my fear
of letting go.

Copyright © 2008 Ronald J. Edwards

No comments: