Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pieces of the Puzzle


I found this picture on the internet and could relate to it immediately. It is an album cover to a band in Scotland called Biffy Cylro and I thank them for letting me use it here.

I started writing a new book after completing "Experience,Strength and Hope" and needed a title for it. I new this was it "Pieces of the Puzzle". I'll let the poem speak for itself

Here is my poem:

Pieces of the Puzzle

When young an innocent
the feeling is quite known.
The wholeness being one
is absent though I’ve grown.

Carved and jig sawed internally
not present from outside.
When looking in the mirror
I want to run and hide.

It’s like vitaligo
of the spirit and the soul.
There’s times that I lose patches,
painting on them to look whole.

Pieces of the puzzle,
don’t always fit
where they came from.

That’s when I’m dragged
along the ground,
forced in place until I’m numb.

But over time these pieces,
somehow begin to fit.
I always have that one piece,
that falls out when I sit.

That one piece is the main piece,
most important in my life.
I hope it stays and does remain
to help me end my strife.

Copyright © 2008 Ronald J. Edwards

No comments: