Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bartender, “Life” on the rocks, with a twist of fate.

Life on life's terms is must easier said than done. I do not let myself sit in my pity but every now and then I give it 2 minutes then I have to let it go. It shouldn't take 2 minutes to read this.

Here is my poem:

Bartender, “Life” on the rocks, with a twist of fate.

Hurt has two paths to follow,
“In” or “Out” of you.
Depending on its origin,
the how, the when, the who.

Can’t always see it coming,
by mistake or from a sin.
“Blindsided” is a sucker punch
when landed on the chin.

After years of living
I say the worst of all,
is when it comes from family,
to my knees it makes me crawl.

How can they treat me this like this?
To say to go away.
Love has left my families hearts,
my presence brings dismay.

When was the last time
you watched a grown man cry?
Come stand before me now today,
my heart just wants to die.

Never in my wildest dreams
I thought life would be so cruel.
Alone I stand in pools of tears
forced fed a bowl of gruel.

Life has a way of saying,
“This is a great impasse”
Blind faith is all I trust in,
a belief “This to shall pass.”

Copyright © 2008 Ronald J. Edwards

No comments: